Cruz Bay sits on the western shore of St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Its harbor is filled with waiting boats and calm waters. In the distance, the island of St. Thomas lies waiting. What is it waiting for? It’s waiting to frame the falling sun for the spellbound onlookers in Cruz Bay. This picture perfect scene is repeated daily and will never get old.
I’ve experienced a couple sunsets from Cruz Bay and they were magical. The only problem is that it doesn’t last. If I could stop time, and freeze that moment, I would. I guess that’s why they invented cameras right? Two claps for that person.
Here are 7 (including the photo above by Richard Toy) frozen in time sunsets taken in the charming town of Cruz Bay. Tell me which one is your favorite.
That’s how you do a Photo Friday! Tell me which one you like the most. Have you been to St. John and captured your own Cruz Bay sunset? If so, feel free to post your photos on the RSR Facebook fan page. I know myself and the rest of the Castaways would love to see your shots.
Happy Friday Everyone.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page