Flip Flops and Sandals. What! Where? I think we all know I am a flip flop and sandal whore. My girl thinks I have a problem, but I tell her I can control myself. I’m not an addict, I just like to collect cool footwear. That, and this Castaway likes to look good. Besides, she has more purses than any one person would ever need. So I’m allowed to have my vices.
A few months ago I was hunting for some new flip flops and I stumbled onto a company called Cushe Footwear. I started browsing their styles and began to notice how different they were. I read the company philosophy and it screamed Castaway. They were all about the laid back island life style, yet had a certain edge and attitude to their shoes. That was enough for me, I quickly ordered a black pair of the Manuka Wraps.
Once I got the Wraps and started wearing them around I fell in love. I was hooked like a bonefish in the Bahamas. This pirate had to have another pair and quickly.
Now I’m an extremely picky person when comes to some things. Shoes are one of those things. Food is not. I’ll eat anything. Toss whatever you have in a bowl, add some hot sauce and get out of my way. Must feed the beast! I digress, so I went back to the Cushe website and started planning my next acquisition. The hard part was choosing the next target. So many pretty shoes! I went with the Manuka Webb.
The Webb is the perfect flip flop for casual use. I strap these bad boys on when headin’ to the beach or looking to toss back a couple Coronas at the local tiki bar. That got me thinking though, if these are for casual use, what do I have for dressier attire and jeans? Back to the website for some more shopping! It’s not an addiction, it’s a hobby…trust me.
I knew that the Manuka Slide was going to be sandal I wanted for nicer dress. There was a problem though, they had two different colors of brown that were calling my name. What was I going to do. I can’t handle choices like this! I did what any pirate with a shopping problem and a credit card would do… I got both.
Pretty cool shoes right. I think so. Though after buying the same shoe twice, the woman mildly flipped out and gave me an assortment of dirty looks for a few weeks every time she walked out of the closet. I made my case for the two colors and reminded her of my pickiness, but it all fell on uninterested ears. Little does she know I’m already planning my next acquisition. Maybe this time I’ll just hide them and only wear them in secret. She will never know! Weird, that almost sounded like something a true addict would do. It can’t be can it? Well…if the shoe fits.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page