Don’t we wish. No, rum doesn’t wash up on the beach like this. If it did there would be a lot of drunken seagulls flying over head and no one wants that. Can you imagine the mess, uh. I have read some stories though of cargo ships in the 1600’s and 1700’s sinking and their contents, sometimes rum barrels, washing ashore. I wish I was around back then to help with the clean up!
I thought this photo of the Mt. Gay rum bottle sitting on a nameless beach was…whats the word I’m looking for…seductive, priceless, powerful, hypnotic, enchanting, mesmerizing…just pick one. Photo is from Baklein62 via flickr. The perfect “Photo Friday” picture to kick off the weekend happy hour with.
Have a great weekend Castaways.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page