After one sip, you’ll be screaming like all women in horror movies, except no one will be chasing you.
I think we all know I’m a fan of the Kraken Rum after being introduced to it at the Daiquiri Deck on Siesta Key. I can’t exactly put my finger on the reason why I like Kraken, it could be the taste, it could be the over-proof factor (who doesn’t like that!), it could be the bad ass name, or it could be the cool bottle and interesting story behind it. Whatever the reason is, I always have a bottle in the house and like to find new ways to drink it.
That leads me to the Screaming Me-Me Recipe. I found this Boat Drinks recipe on the “Greatest Drink In The World…This Week” website and thought it would make a perfect “get me over hump day” cocktail. Without further delay (or mindless dribble from me), I give you the Screaming Me-Me Boat Drink.
The Screaming Me-Me Recipe:
- 4.5 oz. Lemonade
- 4.5 oz. Iced tea (unsweetened)
- 2 oz. Kraken Rum
Fill a large ice tea glass with ice. Pour in a mixture (½ & ½) of lemonade & tea. Leave about 1-1/2 to 2″ of head space. Top with thinly sliced lemon & lime slices and or pineapple chunk and cherries. Slowly pour 1½ to 2 oz of Kraken Rum, over the top of the fruit, (The original Me-Me suggests Myers Rum). Raise glass and toast.
Important: Do NOT stir, let the rum simply work its way to the bottom on its own.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page