I was a kid in a candy store the whole day. Inside, I was pinching myself and thinking, wow I can’t believe I’m here doing this. I had to act somewhat composed though, because I still had to play the part of the cool, calm and collected boyfriend. I’m a bad actor though and I’m sure she saw right through me.
Today’s Photo Friday was taken by my girlfriend Erin on Harbour Island, which is a small island in the Bahamas just off north Eleuthera. We had just finished having a couple drinks at the Sip Sip Restaurant and Bar and wanted to kill some time on the world famous pink sand beach. She captured this Castaway, yours truly, staring out in awe at the unreal scenery that lay before him. I’m not sure what I was thinking (happens a lot), just pondering the immensity of it all I suppose. I couldn’t get over the shades of blue, how they transitioned into clear and disappeared on to the light pink sands. The smell of the salt air, the cool waves on my ankles and the dramatic visual display made for quite an experience.
Harbour Island really is a special place. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get lost or simply lose yourself. It’s a place where acting cool calm and collected is as transparent as the water washing up on the beach. The candy store is now open.
I’ll be writing more about Harbour Island in the future, stay tuned!
Have a great weekend Castaways,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page