After one sip, you’ll be shaking naked cupids from the palm trees.
This is the second post in a row I’ve mentioned a naked cupid…maybe time for a vacation or at least an intervention. Anyways, Valentine’s Day is next week and if you’re looking to spice up the night with a little liquid courage, then we have just the thing for you. The Mi Amor. Just the sound of this Boat Drink conjures images of sweet sweet love and lots of kissy face. If you’re without a knight in shining armor or a sexy seductress no worries, have a couple Mi Amors, this tequila based drink will make you see love in every direction. Let’s just call it the Castaway Love Potion.
Mi Amor Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz. Camarena Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 oz. Gabriel Boudier Crème de Cassis
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. ginger beer
Build in bucket glass of ice, stir gently and garnish with a lime wedge. Raise glass and toast.
I’m not the biggest fan of Valentine’s Day. I think it is one of those forced upon us commercial holidays that was invented to drive flower and chocolate sales. If you’re in love everyday should be Valentine’s Day right?
That being said, I actually met my girlfriend two years ago on Valentine’s Day, so it’s a special day for us. I know, a first date on Valentine’s Day, how cliche right?. We had been trying to meet for awhile before that, but due to family circumstances we were unable to. Neither one of us had anything to do on that day two years ago, so we decided to meet at a casual little Boston bar called Lansdowne St. here in Bonita Springs. Not to make this a long story, but we talked, had a couple drinks and then took the date to an Irish bar for margaritas. She’s been unable to get away from me ever since.
Let me know if you give the Mi Amor love potion a try. Enjoy the rest of your week Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page