The Banana Banshee is a traditional Caribbean island drink, containing a mixture of intoxicating alcohol combined with other ingredients such as fruit juices or mixers. The Banana Banshee Recipe is ideally served with an exotic and colorful presentation, accompanied by tropical fruits, crushed ice, umbrellas, sparklers, paper flowers etc (Sparklers? Sure why not).
I was a bartender back in my college days at Pitt State and worked at a restaurant called Trapper Jacks. It’s Kansas, what do you expect. There I learned the art of making the popular Banana Banshee. In doing a little research for this post I noticed the recipes on the internet were very different from what I use to whip up. I’m going to give you the super duper recipe we use to make at Trappers. I promise you, it will be better than anything you’ll find on the web. Dare I say “Worlds Best”?
Pin It To Pinterest!
Banana Banshee Cocktail Recipe (The Best Version)
- 1 Whole Banana
- 2 oz. Myers Dark Rum
- 1/2 oz. Malibu Rum (Any coconut rum will work. Full oz. if your feeling crazy.)
- 1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz. Light Cream
How To Make A Banana Banshee:
Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and shake like. Pour into a tall cocktail or pint glass. Garnish with whipped cream, banana slice, cherry and feel free to add a tiny umbrella or sparklers (Yes a sparkler, you know you want to) or any other party favors you have laying around the house. Raise glass and toast.
A lot of the other recipes called for Banana Liqueur, but why use a liqueur when you can use a real banana. I also think the Myers Dark Rum is key because of how sweet it is. I dare you to whip up this boat drink this weekend and tell me it’s not the best Banana Banshee you’ve ever had. You won’t be able to. The label “World’s Best” is fact and not to be tossed around lightly.
Want More Caribbean Rum Drink Recipes?
Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Every good mixologist needs some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
Enjoy the cocktail Castaways! (World’s Best Readers)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page