The west coast of Florida is dazzled by photo worthy beach sunsets nearly every night. Tourists and locals gather nightly on the white sand to watch the sun fall from the sky and dip below the Gulf of Mexico. Applause usually accompanies this disappearing act.
Travel the hour and half across Alligator Alley to Ft. Lauderdale and a different, equally as beautiful daily event happens, sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean. Today’s Photo Friday was taken at sunrise on Ft. Lauderdale beach by Andy. Who is the Andy? He’s Creative chief of a design and branding company with clients in the auto racing, sports, food, and manufacturing industries. Previous design-lives include record sleeves, magazines and national news television.
Andy goes to the beach every morning to capture the rising sun. I give him props, getting up before the sun everyday is not my cup of tea. He takes the photos using his iPhone and posts the photos immediately to twitter. It’s pretty cool to arrive at work, open twitter, and be able to see some amazing photos from the other coast.
You can get your daily dose of Ft. Lauderdale beach sunrises as well at www.twitter.com/ftlauderdalesun and to flsunlive.tumblr.com. You can see more photo on Andy’s Flickr photo gallery here. www.flickr.com/photos/ftlauderdale/
This photo also has a special filter added to it giving it that old school look and feel to it. It’s called Hipstamatic and it’s an app you can get for your iPhone.
Have a great weekend Castaways! You’re always welcome to post your island style photos on the RumShopRyan Facebook page.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page