Do you like rum? Chances are pretty good you do if you’re a frequent reader of RSR. But do you really REALLY love rum? If so you won’t want to miss the Rum Renaissance Festival on Miami Beach next month.
The rum festival will take place April 25 – May 1 at the Deauville Beach Resort on beautiful Miami Beach.
The Miami Rum Renaissance Festival is one of the world’s premier international rum events, presenting a unique and exciting celebration of the fine arts of distillation, maturing and blending fine cane spirits. Experience the world’s best rums, including Abuelo, Appleton, Atlantico, Bacardi, Banks Five Island, Barcelo, Barrilito, Berkshire Mountain, Brugal, Caldas, Captain Morgan, Cartavio, Chairman’s Reserve, Sgt. Classick, Clement, Cruzan, Diplomatico, Don Q, Dos Maderas, El Dorado, Flor De Caña, Rhum JM, Koloa, Leblon, Mahiki, Matusalem, Montanya, Ocumare, Palo Viejo, Plantation, Pyrat, Pussers, Ron Llave, Seven Tiki, St. Aubin, Santa Teresa, Skipper Demerara Rum, Tommy Bahama, Vizcaya, Zacapa, Zafra, Zaya and more.
Enjoy a full week of exclusive VIP parties at Miami’s most notable venues, a grand two-day exhibition of the best rum brands, the excitement of the Island Lifestyle Showcase, celebrity seminars, workshops and cocktail competitions, the annual RumXP competition and awards, an opportunity to rub shoulders with dignitaries and notable experts, and more.
I was lucky enough to be invited to the rum exhibition last year. Here is a taste of what the Rum Renaissance was like last year for this rum bum. I met some great rum experts there, including Mike from RumConnection.com. I’m no rum expert, but he was nice enough to give me a little tour (tasting) of all the different rums, their taste characteristics, history of the brands and the people behind the rums. It was a great experience and I’m looking forward to a little rum fun on South Beach again this year. I will be there all day Saturday, April 30th if you want to say hi.
If you would like to experience the fun and learn about rums from all over the world, please visit the Rum Renaissance website for details. I believe you also get a special hotel rate at the Deauville Beach Resort.
Deauville Beach Resort
6701 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL USA
Hope to see you there!
Don’t forget, we are doing FREE Shipping on Castaways Koozies till March 15. Spring is coming!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page