Your body sways back and forth as the catamaran dances on top of the gentle waves of Plilsbury Sound. With St. John behind you, Lovango Cay to the north and St. Thomas in front, the only way to escape is to sail south in to the vast Caribbean blue. But escape isn’t what you had in mind. Dropping anchor and stopping time is the only thing that matters in the entire world at this given second.
With a cold rum drink in hand and the sun falling from the western sky, life is perfectly perfect. I’m sure that’s what was going through the minds of the lucky people on the Scubadu Catamaran in this fantastic photograph.
Nothing quite beats a Caribbean sunset. We have some pretty good ones here in southwest Florida. People gather nightly to watch the sun slip under the Gulf of Mexico, but it’s missing something. It’s missing the steep hills and distant islands. These characters spice up the nightly show, giving the sun’s last rays something to bounce off of and pleasure our eyes with.
Next time you find yourself in a situation where you’re surrounded by saintly islands, the sky is turning orange and the world seems to stand still, take a big sip of that rum drink and smile. Why? Stop and take a look around you, because escape is exactly what you wanted, and found.
Have a great weekend Castaways!
Don’t forget, we are doing FREE Shipping on Castaways Koozies till March 15. Spring is coming!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page