After one sip, you’ll be smiling all the way down Palm Beach.
Aruba is called the “Happy Island.” I’m not really sure about the history of this nickname. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t carved into rocks by the Arawak Indians 600 years ago. More likely, it was dreamed up in an marketing office to entice Caribbean travelers to come sit in the Aruban sun and drink Balashi beer until they’re silly.
Whatever the origin, Aruba has some beautiful crystalline water, friendly people and lots of sunshine. I bet that if you found yourself drinking today’s Boat Drink on the sands of Palm Beach, you too would be calling Aruba the happiest little island in the world.
Aruba Smash Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz spiced rum
- 1 oz 7-Up® soda
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 dash orange bitters
Pour rum, 7-Up, lemon juice, orange juice and orange bitters into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes, and serve. Raise glass and toast.
(Photo credit Lauren Rosen)
Don’t Forget! – Please vote for me for the Marriott Beach Blogger contest. You can vote once every 24 hours. Voting ends March 24th. Thanks!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page