All I can say is I’m truly humbled by your support. If you haven’t heard the news yet, the Castaway Army spoke and showed Marriott Caribbean Resorts that RumShopRyan should be their first Beach Blogger. You guys are the coolest bunch of beach brats out there.
I have chosen the beautiful St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino as my beach blogging destination. Why St. Kitts? I haven’t been to St. Kitts or its sister island of Nevis. I’ve had a small love affair with these island ever since I read a feature story about them in ISLANDS Magazine many years ago. The lush rain forest that flank the dormant volcanoes and the old world Caribbean vibe that they still grasp has seduced me. Time to give in and explore.
I would like to give a huge thank you Marriott Caribbean and Mexican Resorts for selecting me as a finalist and to the following websites and the people behind them. They were kind enough to write posts on their sites or business Facebook pages encouraging their readers to vote for this sand under his nails Castaways. Thank You:
If I have missed any site owners, which I’m sure I have, please forgive me. Please leave your business name and link below in the comment section. I want everyone to see you.
It’s impossible to thank everyone but I’d like to give a big thank you to; Pinky Dempsey, BigKahunaBrewer, BahamasDread, Scot C., Rusty, Erin and Kelly Flangan, MiniVan, 007, CB & AngRem, Christine M., Dawn K., Scott Redd, Sunshine Girl, Mattk22, CruzBayDave, Lauren C, Barbie O’neal, Barb P., Randall, chesneychic, BarefootImports, Key West Barbie, Jeff Howard, Kirk Blackburn and the ZipSet Girls. You guys are awesome, thank you so much for your support.
Finally I’d like to thank the other 4 Marriott Beach Blogger finalists, with a special thanks to finalist Gina Stark. Gina was a great sport and we had a good time pulling for each other. Their is a frozen drink that will be drank in her honor on St. Kitts.
I’ll keep you guys updated on dates and activities. Speaking of activities, if you’ve been to St. Kitts or Nevis, I’d love to get your opinions on what is a can’t miss and what is not so exciting…dining locations, beach bars, rental services, snorkeling locations.
Cheers to the Castaways!
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page