After one sip, you’ll be busted in Barbados with Bankie Banx.
Warning. This boat drink is not to be consumed by just one person. If you foolishly attempt to tackle a Barbados Bowl yourself, you’ll risk loss of bodily functions, loss of clothing and most likely jail time. Seriously though, this is a party punch in party quantities. Let’s have some fun!
Your tiki torches are lit, people in loud tropical shirts are arriving at your house and Bob Marley is playing in the background. Sounds like some one is about to have an island party, I’m just wondering how my invite got lost in the mail! Next time huh, yeah I’ve heard that before.
Every Island/Tiki/Caribbean/Hawaiian Luau party needs a drink to go with the festive theme. Welcome to the Barbados Bowl. This drink will keep all party goers smiling and carefree, just how you’re suppose to be when chasing “Island Time”. The Barbados Bowl is mixed in large quantities and served party punch style in a large bowl. More is better right?
Barbados Bowl Recipe
- 1 pint Light Rum
- 1 pint Dark Rum
- 3 pint Pineapple Juice
- 1 pint Mango Nectar
- 8 Bananas
- 1 cup Sugar
- Juice of 8 Limes
- 2 Limes, sliced
Slice 6 bananas and add them to sugar and lime juice in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into punch bowl. Add rums and juices. Add block of ice. Slice remaining bananas and float with lime slices atop the punch. Fill glasses, give to friends, raise glasses and toast.
Next time you throw an Island Party make sure you stock up on the Corona, Rum, Red Stripe and Carib, but also treat your guests to a Barbados Bowl. It’s a great way to win friends and become the cool kid on the block. Just remember to send me an invite next time.
(Photo Credit to Ang.D via Flickr)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page