Sometimes it’s hard to find your “Island Time”. You might live hundreds of miles from where the palm trees grow and snow on the ground in early Spring is a cruel cruel joke. Sorry to hear about that horrible April fools joke mother nature threw at you Castaways in the northeast.
The one thing that can take your mind and spirits to another place regardless of where your body is, is music. I want to tell you about a band that might help you feel like you’re all ready on St. Somewhere, soaking up the sun and the rum with not a thought of the blistering cold winter. The name of the band is Jake and the Half Conched Band.
Jake Thomas was nice enough to send me his new CD, Salt In My Veins, to see what I thought. I only pass along the things that I think you Castaways will enjoy and this is definitely one of them.
With tracks like “Time For A Change“, “Indigo Blue” and “Corona Drinking Dreamer” the album “Salt In My Veins” can’t help but put you in a relaxed tropical state of mind. I know it did me. Here is a little taste of Jake and the Half Conched Band with one of my favorite songs on the album, “Wet Money”.
“Salt In My Veins” marks Jake’s first studio album since the release of the highly successful “Life on the Gulf” in 2006. The album is seasoned with Jakeʼs “Alabama coast, lower Keys” mentality. The stories within the songs weave their way throughout the waterways and coastlines of the gulf coast, from fisherman and sea captains, to dive bars and tourist traps, beach shacks and yes, even “south of the border”. Once again, Jake enlisted the signature style of producer/engineer Kevin Johnston for the album. For “Salt in my Veins”, Thomas co-wrote nine out of the albumʼs ten tracks with his long time friend and co-writer Mike Schultz.
Another fun band for the Salt Life Sound playlist. Let me know if you guys get the album and what you thought.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page