How about some island reggae music to start your week off. Let me introduce you to Mr. Yagga Yo.
The reason I wanted to share the song, “Lovely Day” with you is mainly because of the video. The video was shot on beautiful Harbour Island and North Eleuthera in the Bahamas. The song isn’t bad, I’m not a huge fan of the auto-tone singing. Maybe a little bit here and there, but not the whole song like this. I also don’t get all the lyrics. Mr. Yagga Yo is singing about no more people getting shot and killed. I’m not positive, but I don’t think Harbour Island has wild gun battles in its small candy colored streets. Like I said, song is okay, video is amazing.
The Single “Lovely Day” produced by Lloyd Campbell, recorded by O2 Music by Ronald Sutherland can also be heard on local radio, regional radio, specialty mixed shows, terrestrial reggae and internet radio stations worldwide. The music video is directed and producer by Ryan Lightbourn for Lightbourn International Films.
“Lovely Day” – Mr. Yagga Yo
Fresh from his video release party in beautiful Harbour Island, Bahamas, Mr Yagga Yo agrees that Briland is sweet! Taking the new video for “Lovely Day” back home to the Island and to the many tourists there, brought even wider recognition for the talented artist.
“We shot for 2 days in Harbour Island and North Eleuthera. I had no crew, but Mr. Yagga’s step dad Gusty (who owns the famous H.I. bar Gusty’s) and his cousin Curtis helped with the production. It was an amazing experience because all of the Harbour Islanders and Eleutherans were willing to help in any way possible,” said producer, Ryan Lightbourn.
Introducing: Mr Yagga Yo
He is the epitome of versatility; with a style influenced by Reggae’s pace setters Jimmy Cliff, Black Mice, Terry Ganzie, Super Cat, Ninja Man, and Buju Banton, Mr. Yagga Yo has welded for himself an identity distinct from any of these musical icons but will prove just as powerful. (Information from thebahamasweekly.com)
To read more about Mr. Yagga Yo click here, theBahamasWeekly.com
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page