The daiquiri. A boat drink staple and a Hemingway favorite. This popular drink can have a fist full of different personalities and flavors. Sort of like the Caribbean islands we love so much.
The daiquiri reminds me of Forest Gump and his Bubba-Gump Shrimp company. I know it sounds weird but keep reading. Remember when Bubba was telling Forest about all the different ways you can prepare shrimp? You have your fried shrimp, blackened shrimp, sauteed shrimp and blah blah blah. Well, I think the daiquiri is a lot like that. You have your Strawberry Daiquiri, Apricot Daiquiri, Pear Daiquiri, Banana Daiquiri and the list stretches over the horizon. See, that little analogy made sense now didn’t it.
Today’s Boat Drink recipe is the Honeydew Daiquiri. Honeydew’s thick, juicy, sweet flesh is often used for fruit platters and eaten for dessert. Hey here’s an idea, let’s toss it in a blender and add some rum and see what happens. Brilliant!
Honeydew Daiquiri Recipe
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup honeydew balls or small cubes, semi-frozen
- 3 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces melon liqueur (such as Midori)
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high for 20 seconds, or until the drink is completely smooth. Raise glass and toast.
I can see this drink being absolutely refreshing on a hot summer day. I do think it might be a drink more for the ladies and possibly my Strawberry Margarita drinking friend. Hey, whatever makes you happy right?!
Happy Hump Day Castaways, enjoy yourself a mid-week boat drink tonight. You deserve it.
(Photo credit goes to obrink82 via deviantart.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page