Stop me if you’ve heard this joke…two drunk monkeys walk into a bar on St. Kitts and say to the bartender…
The sentence above is more true than you know. Below is a hysterical or disturbing (haven’t figured out which) video of cocktail loving monkeys that my buddy over at BeachOutpost.com sent me . Turns out these cute monkeys are a lot more like humans than we knew. On the Caribbean island of St. Kitts, Vervet Monkeys have developed a taste for delicious boat drinks and can regularly be spotted stealing rum heavy cocktails from the limin’ humans on the beach. These clever, baby faced fuzz balls look to be stealing from the care-free beach goers at the famous Reggae Beach Bar located at Cockleshell Bay on St. Kitts. At least they have good taste in beach bars.
Turns out the monkeys have distinctive tastes and consumption rates that match the human population. Who knew!
Drinking Monkeys of St. Kitts
These guys give true meaning to the phrase “Monkeying Around”. I’m looking forward to sinking my toes into the sands at the Reggae Beach Bar soon. I will have an eye out for these thieving critters. They won’t get my boat drink without a fight. My rum punch Monkey!
Many of you have asked when I’m taking the Marriott Beach Blogger trip, it looks like I’ll be heading down June 29th to July 3rd. I will do my best to bring you guys with me through real-time photo updates on Facebook and Twitter as well as the daily blog stories.
Follow on Facebook and Twitter
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!