After one sip, you’ll be combing the beach for your dignity.
If you prefer a Boat Drink with flavors of the warm ocean, endless summers and coconut palm trees, then the Beachcomber cocktail might just have your name on it. Fruity and light, this is a great drink to have by your side as you chillax in the sun watching the world slip by on St. Somewhere.
Creating the Beachcomber cocktail is simple. We like simple right? I know I do. When I’m thirsty for a rum drink, I want it STAT! With a few simple ingredients and a little mixing, you’ll be sipping the taste of relaxation in no time at all.
The Beachcomber Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 dash maraschino liqueur
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Shake. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Raise glass and toast.
I’m not sure about the history of the Beachcomber. From doing a little research, it looks to be Hawaiian in origin. Probably some laid-back surfing bartender on Waikiki Beach playing mixologist one late night many years ago. I’m probably way wrong, but sounds good doesn’t it?
(Photo credit goes to Haniawoj via Flickr.)
Enjoy your hump day Boat Drink Castaways, weekend is just a couple short days away.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page