I was dead asleep last night when my girl friend woke me up at 12:30 and told me Osama bin Laden was dead. She said I mumbled something and rolled over to go back to sleep. This pirate was tired. Staying out till 4:30 a.m. at the Rum Renaissance and bouncing around South Beach with Team Cocktail and Conch Republic Bikinis will take a toll on you. More on that in the days to come.
I’m sitting here thinking how I can best share the news of this big event with the tropically inclined Castaways. Just so happens that one of the first things that popped into my head was Bob Marley.
When I think of Marley’s smoothing reggae beats and his message about peace and love it just sort of clicked. I think many of us feel as if there’s been a dark storm cloud brushed away from the skies over our heads. We feel safe and in the words of Mr. Bob Marley, “Every little thing, gonna be alright”.
Bob Marley – Three Little Birds Video
Do you have a song that best describes how you’re feeling right now?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page