Soles Chill Out Bar (pronounced Sol-ays) is set firmly in the sand of Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Looking towards the beach bar from the water, the first thing you’ll see are towering coconut palms, bright white plush beach beds and furniture, then the quaint Soles Chill Out Beach Bar. You can find Soles on Bavaro beach right next door to NH Real Arena resort.
You can enjoy the Caribbean sun while sitting in comfortable beach beds and ottomans located right on the sand. It’s a luxurious setting but without the big resort atmosphere. Sitting behind these are round wooden tables with umbrellas, a good place to enjoy a good meal and course an umbrella toting boat drink.
The menu is a mixture of local flavors, seafood and normal bar food. The prices are extremely reasonable with several large and delicious items under $10. Beers start at 125 pesos ($3, roughly) and a glass full of local Anejo rum for a few pesos more. Plenty of seafood choices like coconut fish filet, mixed seafood platter for two, lobster, shrimp and more. The menu also features steaks, burgers, pastas, crepes, sandwiches and salads. Menu items range in price from 7$US to 20$US. Service is relaxed and friendly, just as it should be considering “Chill Out” is part of the bar’s name.
Soles Chill Out Bar is known for their music and entertainment as well. In the evenings and on weekends there is often a DJ or a live band playing right on the sand. When the rum is flowing and the music is pumping, beach parties will begin and can carry on until the wee hours of the morning.
Plush beach beds sitting steps from the Caribbean, live music, good food and drink all while keeping a laid back vibe, I don’t know about you but Soles Chill Out Bar is on my list when visiting the Dominican Republic. This “must visit” beach bar list is getting out of hand.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page