Live concerts are the best. You feel the energy of the artist feeding off the crowd, and the crowd in turn feeding off the artist. It’s an exhilarating circle that makes the event a “wow” moment. Nothing beats live music.
Another thing that is great about live music is seeing the your favorite bands cover other bands. Some of the memorable covers I remember are Kenny Chesney covering Kid Rock’s “Cowboy” and Jimmy Buffett covering Zac Brown Band’s “Toes”. Those covers sent the crowd into a frenzy and create lasting memories.
I found this great video of Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews covering Jimmy Buffett’s “A Pirate Looks at 40” at the Kokua Festival in Hawaii on 4/20/08. This would have been a goosebump moment for sure. Two great singer songwriters, Hawaii, singing a Buffett classic…yeah that would have been one of those “wow” moments.
Jack Johnson & Dave Matthews Cover Jimmy Buffett
What are some of the great covers you’ve seen?
(Photo by Ron Baker Photography)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page