Wow. That is the only word that comes to mind as I look at this photo.
This breathtaking photo was taken by Anya Brewley Schultheiss of ABSphoto.co and it captures the island personality perfectly…laid back, beautiful, simple. Taken at Carrot Bay on the island of Tortola in the BVI, this weathered boat sits idle waiting. Waiting for what we don’t know. That’s the magic of photography, it lets the imagination fill in the gaps, and a different story will be told to each viewer. That’s why I love to do Caribbean Photo Friday here on RumShop, it’s a creative escape for writer and reader.
So what is this boat waiting for? Has it had its time on the water and is now baking in the blazing Caribbean sun, never to stretch its sea legs again? Maybe its a boat that has just reached its prime and has been perfectly worn in by its experienced captain. Or maybe it’s now the property of a proud new young owner who can’t wait to get her seaworthy again and begin starting new adventures exploring the islands. No one really knows what’s happening in this photo. Doesn’t it really matter?
Regardless of what the history or condition of this small, beaten up, rider of waves is, one thing is for sure…it’s happy. It gets to sit on the coast of somewhere beautiful, catching a tan and soaking in the salt air. It has stories that go untold and a life many ponder for…laid back, beautiful, simple. And because of that, I’m jealous.
What does this photo say to you?
Enjoy your weekend Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page