Have you heard about Siesta Key Rum? If not, something tells me you’ll be hearing more about them in the future.
My introduction to the brand came a couple weeks ago at the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival. I sampled their Siesta Key Silver rum and their yet to be released spiced rum. I’m no rum expert, but I can tell when a rum has a lot of character and tastes great, Siesta Key rum delivered.
I guess I wasn’t the only one who thought so, because Siesta Key Silver Rum took the Best in Class Gold medal at the Rum Renaissance tasting competition, which is the largest rum festival/competition in the western hemisphere. This relatively new rum on the block beat out several large well known brands in a blind taste test. Crazy right? And Drum Circle Distilling, makers of Siesta Key Rum, is located just an hour drive north on I-75. Can you say road trip!
Here are the tasting results from the Rum Renaissance Festival.
To celebrate my rum neighbor’s big win, I thought we’d do a Boat Drink recipe from their collection. Break out the Martini Glasses because here comes the Siesta Key Lime Martini.
Siesta Key Lime Martini
- 1-1/2 parts Siesta Key Silver Rum
- 1 part premium orange liqueur
- 1-1/2 parts freshly squeezed key lime juice
- Rim the glass with 1/2 tablespoon super fine sugar
- Lime wheel to garnish
Pour rum, orange liqueur and lime juice in to shaker with ice. Shake and strain into sugar lined martini glass and garnish with lime. Raise glass and toast.
I don’t’ know about you but this rum cocktail sounds hugely refreshing and something I’ll be mixing up very soon.
Let me know if you guys have tried Siesta Key Rum or have it on your shopping list.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page