Being a holiday weekend, I hope you guys are soaking up a little Tropical Standard Time yourselves. I know I am.
The Boat Drunks are a great little Trop Rock band out of Illinois. Buffett covers and original numbers are all you’ll hear from this set of Caribbean minded troubadours. Their 2006 release, Wahine Man, has quickly become a parrothead favorite, with memorable tunes such as “Hollow Man”, “Tangy Margarita” and my favorite, “A Pirate On The Caribbean”.
I first wrote about the Boat Drunks and their “A Pirate On The Caribbean” tune all they way back in late 2009, the first couple months of this website. It seems like just yesterday I was putting RumShopRyan together, and now we are approaching 500 posts. Craziness. All in the name of the island state of mind.
With a knack for writing catchy melodies, and a theme that all Castaways can relate to, The Boat Drunks have been able to bill themselves as legitimate trop-rockers, and have built themselves a good sized fan base, one I am happy to be a part of.
Here is their song, “Tropical Standard Time“, let me know what you think.
Tropical Standard Time
If you would like to buy their most recent album, “Long Time No Sea” that has Tropical Standard Time on it, click here.
I hope you guys are enjoying your long weekend, please remember to give a prayer this Memorial Day to our fallen troops and current troops who fight for our freedom. We owe them so much. Thank you for your service.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page