After one sip, you’ll be wanting to shake the hand of the mango man.
I’ve had this “oh so delish” cocktail on my mind for about a month now. The date is May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, and I’m sitting at the bar of a local Mexican place with my beautiful girl friend. We order the Buy 1 Get 1 margarita special and consume them with great joy. Cinco de Mayo I love you.
The group next to us then orders a round of Mango Margaritas. The name alone sounds silky smooth and sexy. Say it, “M A N G O M A R G A R I T A“. It’s like straight goodness rolling off your tongue.
I watch as the bartender blends up the tangy tequila concoction and serves the yellow, heaven in a glass, to our bar neighbors. I mumble a simple, “Looks good” to them and voyeuristically watch them sip down their Mango Margaritas out of the corner of my eye.
Did I order one? No.
Why not? I don’t know. Lapse of judgement.
Here is the Mango Margarita recipe so you can make these delicious cocktails at your home.
MANGO MARGARITA RECIPE
Ingredients: Mixture for four cocktails
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 large mango, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- Ice cubes
Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender, cover with lid, and process until smooth. Add ice to make 4 cups; process until smooth. Pour into sugar rimmed glass. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know what you think of the Mango Margarita, are you a fan? Next time you blend some of these up, let me know. I might just stop by and mumble something legendary like, “Looks Good” to you and stalk your every sip…that is, until I get mine!
(Photo from Turquoise, Tulips and Bliss)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page