The US Virgin Island of St. John has some of the Caribbean’s most attractive beaches located on its north shore. You’ll find popular and photogenic Trunk Bay, then down the road a bit further your attention turns to Cinnamon Bay, Maho Bay and Francis Bay – all with soft white sand and stunning vistas.
With all the attention going to the north side of St. John, many forget about the tranquil calm of the south side. I’d like to put the south side in the spotlight today.
This week’s Caribbean Webcam features a view to the east over Rendezvous Bay and the south shore of St John. It’s a great webcam that puts lush tropical plants in the foreground and St. John’s rolling green mountains framed in the distance.
The webcam comes from our friends at the Great Expectations villa. The Great Room of Great Expectations looks east over Hart Bay and Rendezvous Bay to Ditleff Point and then to the south shore of St. John including Reef Bay in the distance. The villa webcam will update every 10 seconds.
St. John South Shore Webcam – Great Expectations Villa
The St. John villa Great Expectations is located in Chocolate Hole about 100 feet above the Caribbean Sea and has 4 equal Master bedrooms, 3 guest bedrooms, 2-1/2 swimming pools, 2 hot tubs and 1 basketball/tennis court.
As I was writing this post and watching the webcam, I saw a large island dragonfly captured by the refreshing camera. Frozen in flight for 10 seconds. Oh how I wish I could trade places with that dragonfly. Travel to St. John, hit the pause button, and freeze life in a place this beautiful. Lucky dragonfly, lucky.
Cheers Castaways, enjoy the view!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page