If you’re looking for the best Voodoo Juice recipe, then you’ve come to the right place…
…because after one sip, you’ll be sticking pins into dolls.
Scared? Oh, you should be. If the name alone doesn’t give you hesitation, the dangerous combination of 5 flavorful rums should cause worry. The Cruzan Rum VooDoo Juice cocktail will definitely cast a powerful curse on you.
I know what you’re thinking, “Come on RumShop, how can a Caraibbean cocktail really cast a curse, you’re just saying that because of the name.” The name helps, but hear me out. VooDoo Juice is what I like to call a double-edged sword.
Because the intoxicating mixture of flavored rums and fruit juices tastes so damn good you won’t ever want to stop indulging. But with all that flavor, comes a butt ton of rum, and chances are you’ll be drinking it quickly. Plus, at Bolongo Bay Resort on St. Thomas in the USVI, the Voodoo Juice comes in a BUCKET! That’s right, bucket of rum.
Below is the recipe so you can make a Voodoo Juice at home, and in the video you’ll see how the expert bartenders at Bolongo Bay Resort make their Voodoo Juice recipe. The guys with me in the video, is Charles from BigKahunaBrew.com, and sadly he has passed away. He is missed by many and he always had a strong love for Caribbean travel and good rum. I’m happy we could make this video together.
Pin It To Pinterest!
Before we jump into the drink recipe, and since you love good rum drinks, check out our Castaway Cocktails Recipe eBook! It has 52 drink recipes, lot’s of island favorites and a few of my own creations.
VooDoo Juice Recipe
- 1oz. Orange Rum
- 1oz. Banana Rum
- 1oz. Coconut Rum
- 1oz. Pineapple Rum
- 1 1/2 oz. Cranberry Juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz. Dark Rum
Mix all ingredients together over ice except for the dark rum. Float dark rum on top and serve. Raise glass and toast.
Who’s going to be mixing up this tasty boat drink concoction? I think I’m going to make a large batch of this stuff and take down to Key West with me in July. What better place to get a little voodoo cursed than Key Crazy!
If you are making this drink at home, we would love to see you enjoying it! Hit us up on Instagram at @CaribbeanCastaways and tag us in your story or send us a direct message with a photo of your drink. We would love to share it with our audience!
Looking For More Caribbean Rum Drinks?
I thought you might. Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Every good mixologist needs some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page