Welcome to Curacao!
Is it me or does Curacao get left off of the American tourist radar. This southern Caribbean island has rich history, beautiful beaches and amazing diving, but it seems its neighbor Aruba takes all the glory. Let’s put the RumShop spotlight on Curacao today and take a look at one of its beaches with this week’s Caribbean Webcam post.
The “C” in the Dutch ABC islands, Curacao is the largest, most populous, and most cosmopolitan of the former Lesser Antilles. It has in the colorful capital of Willemstad a picturesque trove of colonial Dutch architecture and a World Heritage Site. Like Aruba, Curacao boasts a warm, friendly polyglot populace, but it also offers a rich history, a vibrant art scene and world-class diving. Just six miles wide and 37 miles long, this semi-arid landscape is dotted with spiny-leaf aloe, mesquite and divi-divi trees. (From Frommers)
Please wait for the next web cam image to appear.
The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is on a private island next to the Curacao Sea Aquarium. The resort has two swimming pools, a kid’s pool, a Jacuzzi, a secluded beach and a restaurant for waterfront dining and sunset cocktails.
Curacao’s ruggedly beautiful landscape provides an endless bounty of fun diversions. Conquer the island’s open spaces and enjoy exhilarating hiking, biking, and ATV tours. Immerse yourself in mysterious and colorful underwater worlds at more than 60 diving locations. Relax on beaches both intimate and secluded. Unlike those on other Caribbean islands, Curacao’s beaches allow you to work on your tan, not on hunting for an available spot.
Enjoy the view of the southern Caribbean Castaways.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page