I’ve been in love with the Out Islands of the Bahamas for some time now. Just lock your eyeballs on to this photo taken on Cat Island and it’s easy to understand why. It’s pure unspoiled natural beauty.
No large human footprint, no grand mega-resorts, no cruise ship chaos…just you, the land and the sea. I mean just look at that water, it’s absolutely heavenly.
I thought these words from Bahamas.com described the beauty of Cat Island nicely.
Cat Island’s 150 square miles can fulfill a traveler’s every desire. There are ancient Amerindian campsites, religious ruins, rolling hills, dense woodlands, caves, high bluffs and deserted beaches. Herons feed in the rich wetlands, bonefish skim through the shallows, blue water fish leap from the sea.
Enjoy the stunning photo Castaways. This is my Caribbean photo Friday post that I didn’t get to do this past Friday due to the fact it was National Flip Flop Day. I couldn’t wait till next Friday to share this picture with you. (Photo by cmlme via Flickr)
If any of you guys have been to Cat Island I would love to hear what you thought.
Enjoy your Sunday and happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page