Mondays are usually days when a little extra motivation or inspiration is needed. Few things are as powerful and inspiration than music. It transports our minds to other places and let’s dreams become reality. If you’re a regular reader of this blog, then I’m guessing the island way of life is where you draw your inspiration. Transporting your mind (and when possible your body) to lazy days and soft sands is all the motivation you need.
When I ‘m in need of that Monday kick in the pants, I turn to a few different musical artists. The one that sparked me today was native Anguillian, Bankie Banx. One of the legends of Caribbean music, Bankie has been entertaining people all over the world with his folk reggae jams.
Here is a great video with Bankie Banx and how he inspires his friends, family and countless others with the power of music.
Shot during the legendary Moonsplash festival at Bankie’s Dune Preserve beach venue. More on Bankie at www.bankiebanx.net.
If you would like to get your hands on some of Bankie’s music you can find it on iTunes here:
Bankie Banx – Island Boy Album
Bankie Banx – Still in Paradise Album
Please subscribe and Follow on Facebook and Twitter
Subscribe to Daily Updates
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!