Appleton Estate Rum is said to be Jamaica’s finest. That’s an arguable statement, but don’t they say things get better with age?
Appleton Estate has been handcrafting rums since 1749. Located in the heart of the country’s sugar cane belt, it is the oldest sugar estate and distillery in Jamaica. Which translates into, they know what they’re doing.
A couple weeks ago I picked up a bottle of the Appleton Estate Reserve. Nothing fancy, just wanted a bottle for the collection. I’ve been sipping and enjoying it thoroughly, but now it’s time to whip up an oh-so-good Boat Drink cocktail with it. Time for the Appleton Spiced Ice Tea.
Appleton Spiced Ice Tea recipe
- 2 oz Appleton Estate® Jamaica rum
- 1 can Lipton® iced tea
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Ice cubes
Pour 2 oz. Appleton Estate Jamaican Rum into a pint glass filled half way with ice. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg, then fill the rest of the glass with iced tea. Stir and garnish with lemon wedge. Then raise your glass and toast.
Enjoy the cocktail and enjoy the rum Castaways, life is better with a boat drink in hand always.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page