Standing at 743 meters or 2437 feet, this ancient volcanic plug known as Petit Piton on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia casts its mighty shadow over the mooring boats.
I absolutely love this photo. The gleaming white skin of the catamaran, its mast stretching to touch the top of the Piton, the entire vessel framed by the steep mountain sides, everything comes together to create a beautiful photograph. What I would give to of been behind that lens.
I love all sailing boats, but there’s just something about catamarans that captures my attention. I don’t know if it’s the massive deck space they provide so that a soggy pirate can stretch out and relax, or the shallow draft they have so that said pirate can pilot the vessel into shallow secluded coves. Whatever the reason the catamaran style speaks to me.
Here is a post with more information and photos of the majestic Pitons of St. Lucia.
I hope you enjoy today’s Caribbean Photo Friday photo as much as I do. Let me know if you’ve seen these peaks in person.
(Photo by BumFuzzle.com)
Have a great weekend Castaways! Don’t forget that all Castaways get a 25% discount at TeamCocktail.com for the month of June. Just use the code “RUMSHOPRYAN” at checkout. Time’s almost up.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page