What a great contest Castaways! With 80 votes here on the site and many more on Facebook and Twitter, this has to be one of the most popular contests we’ve had. You guys must really like your rum drinks! Doesn’t hurt that we we’re giving away 2 tickets to go down to Key West aboard the Key West Express either I suppose.
Enough perpetual rambling, I’m guessing you want to know who the winner is.
With a total of 55 votes, the winner of the Key West Express Cocktail Contest is…
Kevin Sorrels and his Express De-Stress cocktail recipe
The Express De-Stress by Kevin Sorrels
- 2 oz Siesta Key Dark Rum
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- Juice of a half lime
Shake and strain over crushed ice. Float a splash of Grenadine. A dash of bitters and a touch of nutmeg.
Congratulations to Kevin!
This is a great recipe and uses some great local Florida rum. If you haven’t tried the award winning Siesta Key Rum yet you’re missing out.
I want to thank our other two finalists Jennifer and Michael, both of your cocktail recipes were mouth-water as well. I have added them to my little black book of boat drinks, as I’m sure many others have as well.
I also want to thank all you other Castaways for submitting your cocktail recipes and for voting like you did. You guys are the ones that make this site and the contests we have work so well. I raise my glass to you.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page