After one sip, you’ll be….well, ah, I don’t really remember.
I’m sitting in our hotel room at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort, typing away on this keyboard preparing a Beach Blogger post about our Brimstone Hill Fortress adventure. See, I actually have to work sometimes.
Erin decided she would head to the pool to relax in the sun while I write. Yeah, thanks babe.
About an hour and a half passes and she returns to the room telling me about all the cool people she met and how much sun she got. She was talking quicker than normal and her pitch was a little high. She kept rambling on about this person and that person and blah blah blah. “Erin, have you been drinking?”
“Oh, yes!”, she replies. She goes into another high pitch story about the awesome bartenders at the Bohemia Pool Bar and that she enjoyed a couple beers and some cocktail that was out-of-this-world delish, but that she couldn’t remember the name of it. I inform her that’s usually the side affect of really good drinks.
The 2 days later we hit the pool together for a little attitude adjustment and she points to the menu at the Bohemia and says, “That’s the one, Lee…Liam…I can’t pronounce it.” I tell her that the name is Liamigua, pronounced Lee-ah-me-ga, and it was the name of the St. Kitts volcano that kicked our butts the day before. “I’ll take another!”, she says excitedly.
Here is the recipe for the Liamigua, you’ll now understand why Erin was talking fast and rambling on.
Liamigua Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5oz Bacardi Light Rum
- 1.5oz Smirnoff Vodka
- 1.5oz Jose Cuervo Tequila
- Triple Sec
- Guava mix
- Splash of Cranberry Juice
Mix all the ingredients into a tall drink glass except for the Cranberry Juice. After mixing, add the splash of Cranberry Juice to the top. Raise glass and toast.
As you can see this Kittitian cocktail packs a punch, yet tastes like a walk down the beach.
Let me know if you guys mix up this bad boy boat drink and what you thought of it. My guess is that will have you speaking fast and rambling on and on as well. Just try and remember the name, if you can.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page