If you’re anything like me, then you seek out things that remind you of “THE LIFE“, things that plunge your mind into a tropical wonderland and an escape from reality. Sure, Margaritas and Mai-Tais do a pretty good job of that, but I’ve found a treasure that that can go with you everywhere. Something that will be uniquely yours and will have other Castaways digging in the sand to find treasure like it.
I’m talking about the beautiful items that can be found at Sun Lyon Studio. Artist Jan Bennett has a special touch when it comes to designing jewelry that inspires island escape. She can make a flat piece of sterling silver transform into a unique item that was meant for just you.
Yes, Sun Lyon Studio is an advertiser with me, but I don’t write this because I have to, or am paid to. I write this because I’m truly blown away by the art. I have two pieces now and have my eye one more.
I trekked out to Lovers Key Tuesday to take some photos for this post, I wanted to make the St. John Pendant Necklace and Wave Bracelet look good for you guys and needed to give them a beautiful setting. Plus I got to spend some time on the beach, always a good thing!
St. John Pendant Necklace
Nearly every piece of jewelry was designed and created to be worn as a token of personal energies, inspirations and experiences which have shaped our lives. Jan Lyon Bennett takes special care in her design and has a strong desire to resound a very personal meaning for the wearer.
Jan currently lives and works in both the U. S. Virgin Islands and Louisiana. As life experiences both challenge and inspire her spirit, Jan focuses her designs on life’s ever changing tides. She melts precious metals with emotion (sometimes, adding a bit of whimsy) to create her truly unique line of jewelry.
Makin’ Waves Braclet
Sun Lyon Studio has a plethora (big word!) of items to choose from and they can even custom design some pieces just for you.
If you guys are interested, I’m thinking about having Jan design a special Castaway Pendant that’s just for you. Maybe a dog-tag like necklace with the Castaway logo stamped into it, or some type of palm tree that says “Castaway” on the back. If you guys think a Castaway Pendant is a good idea and have any ideas on the design, please write them below in the comment section. I would love to hear what you think.
Please visit www.SunLyonStudio.com and check out the all the great stuff they have to offer us island loving souls. Tell Jan that Ryan sent you and that you want a piece of wearable treasure that will last forever.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page