It’s my pleasure to introduce you to Charles Emanuel, the acoustic soul singer – songwriter hailing from the beautiful island of St. Kitts. I was lucky enough to meet Charles one night while he was performing at the Shiggidy Shack.
Erin, Lavern and I were sitting at Shiggidy waiting on our food and watching a fire dancer finish up his routine. It had been a long day exploring St. Kitts and I was starving and ready to lime.
The food came and so did the next musical act to hit the stage. I was focused like a rabid pit bull on my Lava Jerk Chicken, but a sweet sweet sound started to filter through my ears. I look over towards the stage to see a baby faced man with a golden voice singing his heart out. I don’t remember the song, but it was easy to see that this kid had talent.
I ask Lavern, the PR director for the Marriott Resort, who the singer was. “Oh Charlie, he’s big time here on St. Kitts. Would you like to meet him? Just last week at the St. Kitts Music Festival, Charlie was pulled on stage to sing by Fantasia, that girl who won American Idol.”
Hell yes I wanted to meet this guy. I was on St. Kitts to soak up as much island vibe as I could, and meeting a local rock star would definitely be cool.
So after I got done inhaling my jerk chicken and Charles was finished with his first set, Lavern brought him over to our table for a little introduction. He’s a great guy, very unassuming and almost shy, but owns a fearless talent when placed in front of a microphone.
We chat for awhile, get a photo together and say goodbye. We listen to a few more songs by Charlie as we watch a huge bonfire blaze away on the Frigate Bay beach. It was the perfect way to end the night.
Here are a couple videos I found on the Charles Emanuel Youtube page that I thought you guys might like. They will give you a small taste of the sweet sound this St. Kitts artist has.
Charles Emanuel – Speachless (Original)
Charles Emanuel – You Don’t Know What It’s Like (Original)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page