Spinnakers Beach Bar is one of the most popular St. Lucian restaurants and a favorite to thousands of visitors from all over the world. You will find them open from 9am until 11pm, Monday through Saturday, on the famous Reduit beach ready to serve you their sumptuous food and cold beverages.
If you decide to come to St. Lucia by yacht, or your just limin’ on the sand of Reduit beach, then you have to pay Spinnakers Beach Bar a visit. Grab a snack when you get hungry, they serve a variety of quick bites which also includes their famous lobster salad.
This beach bar and restaurant is beyond relaxing. Dresscode? This is one of the few St. Lucian restaurants where you can be attired in your beach wear and you would still be served as one who is properly attired. The food is reasonably priced where you can have a decent meal for US$17.
Sunset at Spinnakers Because it is the only restaurant directly on the Reduit beach, sometimes it gets really busy at lunch time so that can take up a few minutes from the time you ordered to the time you receive it.
Spinnakers becomes the place to be to watch the setting sun and chillax the night away. Stay for dinner and choose a nice ocean-side table. Listen to the waves crash just feet away as you enjoy a cold Piton beer and gaze into the eyes of that special someone. (Too Cheesy? I’m thinking so.)
For dinner you can choose from wide assortments of appetizers, entrees, pastas, sea foods, meat and chicken dishes. You can choose from their varied and extensive dinner menu – will it be St.Lucian Bouillabaisse, Veal Parmiagana, Fillet au Poivre or Lobster Thermidore!! – to name but a few local and international favorites. There is something for everyone with a wide range of prices, the freshest fish and lobster, you can often see our catch being delivered straight off the beach!
If you want to indulge a few boat drinks, then Happy Hour is at 5 – 6 pm.
Going strong for 17 years, Spinnakers on sandy Reduit beach is a great place for people-watching and chilling. Owners Alison and Michael Ritchings have upped the ante here as this is definitely above par for the usual Caribbean beach bar genre.
If any of you Castaways have been to Spinnakers I would love to hear what you thought.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page