After one sip, you’ll be face down in the sand.
When I see someone drinking a blue cocktail I immediately think they’re on vacation and ready to have a good time. You just don’t see pissed off people sucking down bright blue drinks, it screws with the universe.
I can honestly say I don’t remember the last blue colored cocktail I’ve had. Don’t get me wrong, I like my fair share of foofoo rum drinks, but I usually gravitate to the rum punches, painkillers and Mai Tais.
Today’s Boat Drink cocktail recipe is no slouch though, it may be a brightly colored foofoo drink, but it will have you face down in the sand if you throw them back with reckless abandon.
Say hello to the Blue Island Ice Tea. It’s a twist on the famous Long Island Ice Tea. I’m sure most of us have had an experience or two with the liquor fueled Long Island version, this is just the island recipe. Add a little Blue Curacao, swap the white tequila for triple sec and bam, you have yourself the Blue Island Ice Tea. Enjoy!
Blue Island Ice Tea Cocktail Recipe
- 1/2 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz. white rum
- 1/2 oz. triple sec
- 1/2 oz. gin
- 1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 3 count sweet & sour mix
- 1 count cola
Mixing Instructions: In a tall or pint glass add the liquors first, then the Blue Curacao, the sweet & sour and finally the splash of cola. Garnish with lemon and orange. Raise glass and toast.
Cheers to hump day and cheers to the Blue Island Ice Tea!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page