After one sip, you’ll be doing the watermelon crawl.
True, summer is slowly winding down, kids are going back to school and stores are starting to put out their Fall lines. Just the thought of cold temperatures and gray skies is enough to send anyone off the deep end. If I still lived in Kansas and knew that in a couple months my sunny warm world was coming to an end, I’d probably climb to the top of Arrowhead stadium and practice my diving skills.
Okay, that might be a little dramatic, but I would definitely try to hang on to summer as long as I could. What better way to do that than with a refreshing boat drink like the Watermelon Mojito.
Rum is the medication of Winter
Just the name Watermelon Mojito sounds refreshing. If you close your eyes and say Watermelon Mojito, you can almost see yourself sitting in a lounge chair in the backyard, feet up, kids playing without a care, and condensation rolling off your drink in the summer heat.
I know it’s not chilly up north yet, but it’s always good to prepare.
Watermelon Mojito Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon cubes
- 5 mint leaves
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2-3/4 oz simple syrup
- 1.5-2 oz rum
- club soda
Cut the watermelon into cubes and measure out 1 1/2 cups. Combine the watermelon, lime juice, mint leaves, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Thoroughly muddle the mixture until the watermelon is mostly liquid. Add the rum and some ice cubes. Shake. Next, fill a glass most of the way up with crushed ice. Strain the watermelon mixture into the glass. Top with club soda. Raise glass and toast.
Cheers to a Thirsty Thursday Boat Drink!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page