Are hurricanes good for business? Of course not right, stupid question. I bet you a cold rum punch that if you ask that same question to the people at the Weather Channel you might get a different answer.
Not only were people glued to the TV watching what Irene was going to do, they were also jumping on the internet, searching for Caribbean webcams. RumShopRyan.com saw a huge jump in traffic while Irene was churning through the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos and the Bahamas. People wanted to see live feeds of the storm’s furry.
I like to post Caribbean webcams because I want to show you guys the tranquil beaches and the dancing palms, but I guess seeing a storm rage is interesting as well.
In saying all that, I’ll keep bringing you new webcams from around the Caribbean. This week’s island webcam comes from the Mexican paradise of Cozumel. The cam is perched on a building at the Puerta Maya cruise ship port.
The Puerta Maya pier and cruise center is located on the southwestern part of Cozumel, approximately five miles south of San Miguel, the island’s largest city.
This image will refresh every 60 seconds.
I haven’t been to Cozumel yet (seems like everyone else has though). I hear the diving is good and the beaches are white and alluring. Margarita in the sun? Yes please!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page