Oh I wish I was there tonight
On Jost Van Dyke
Sippin’ on some Foxy’s Firewater Rum
Those are a few lyrics from Somewhere in the Sun by Kenny Chesney. The island cowboy sure knows how to sweet talk our tropical, sand on the brain souls doesn’t he. I’d have to say that Somewhere in the Sun has to be in my top 5 Chesney songs. It paints the perfect picture of living in the islands and letting the stresses of “The Real World” slide away like the waning tide. What many would call “THE LIFE“.
Today we’re going to talk about the famous Foxy’s Firewater Rum from Foxy’s Beach Bar on Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. My buddy Carl from Conch Republic Bikinis was just down in the BVI and picked me up a bottle of Foxy’s Firewater Rum. Thanks Carl!
I’ve been doing a little sipping on this rum to get a feel for it. Again, I’m no rum expert, but here is a video of my take on Foxy’s Firewater Rum.
Foxy’s Firewater Rum Review
I say in the video that it ranks as a 4 out of 10, that might be a little harsh. After a little more tasting I’d probably give it a 5. Good but not over the top good.
It has a sweet aroma with hints of vanilla. The rum has a good bite at the beginning and then falls off. Not a strong after taste and like I said in the video, maybe even a little watered down.
Where can I get my hands on some Firewater Rum? I get this question a lot and mention it in the video, Foxy’s Beach Bar is the only place you can get Firewater Rum. It’s not sold in the states and they do not ship it from Foxy’s. You actually have to go to Jost, and hit up Foxy for a bottle. And when you’re there, don’t forget to pick up a bottle for your good pal RumShop!
Regardless of how the rum tastes, it’s still a great bottle to have in your collection. I won’t be drinking a lot of Foxy’s Firewater Rum because I don’t want it to disappear like so many of my other bottles. I still don’t know how that happens. Damn rum fairies.
Also, this week is the last week to vote for our buddy Carl for the Tommy Bahama Rumologist Contest. Click this link – Tommy Bahama Rumologist – and vote for Carl Grooms. He is a true Castaway and would make a great Tommy Rumologist.
If you’ve had the chance to sip on some Foxy’s Firewater Rum, whether on Jost Van Dyke or not, let us know what you thought.
Cheers to being Somewhere in the Sun,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page