After one sip, you’ll be flying into palms.
Just because the sun is setting further and further to the south and store are setting up their Halloween displays, doesn’t mean the summer vibe has to be put in the closet until next year. That’s why God gave us Boat Drinks!
I was going through my little recipe book looking for a suitable rum concoction for you Castaways, when a drink by the name of The Crazy Parrot caught my eye. I’ve always wanted a parrot. I would take it to the beach where it would sit on my shoulder, shouting “Take off your top, take off your top” to all the smiling ladies. The perfect wingman (pun intended).
Back to the cocktail. After looking at the ingredients for this drink I can see how it got its name. Parrot comes from the Captain Morgan Parrot Bay coconut rum of which its logo is a parrot. The Crazy comes from the fact that 151 rum is added. “Man up Sally, squak, fire in the hole, fire in the hole”, see I told you he’d be a cool bird.
The Crazy Parrot Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Captain Morgan® Parrot Bay coconut rum
- 3/4 oz 151 proof rum
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice
Instructions: Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry. Raise glass and toast.
A simple drink that tastes great and has a kick, my favorite. Let me know if any of you Castaways mix up a Crazy Parrot and what you thought.
(Photo from questfornews.blogspot.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page