After one sip, you’ll arrive in the port of indecision.
Mount Gay Rum, those words flow off the tongue almost as easily as the sweet nectar flows on to it. As most of you know the Mount Gay Rum distillers claim they are the oldest rum makers in the Caribbean. “The Rum that invented Rum” is their clever tagline and with a birth year of 1703, I’m not going to argue with them or question their product. I’m pretty sure they know what they’re doing.
That being said, Mount Gay Eclipse Rum is one of my staple go to rums. I buy the big bottle so I never run out. Hey, you never know when a beach party might break out and a couple gallons of rum punch is needed. Things like that tend to happen when you’re RumShopRyan.
Here is a simple, yet tasty Boat Drink for you thirsty Castaways.
Mount Gay Rum Tropical Passion Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz. Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. Bols Crème de Banana
- 1 oz. Passoã passion fruit liqueur
Combine all ingredients in a highball glass and shake with ice. Serve with a garnish of pineapple and a cherry.
I don’t know what it is about Wednesdays, but I always crave a good mixed drink on hump day. Maybe it’s a small internal pat on the back for making it halfway through the week, I don’t know. More than likely though it’s just an excuse to have some fun.
(Photo from Sail22.com)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page