The mystique of a nude beach. Close your eyes tight enough and you can almost see those oiled up supermodels and beefy guys soaking in UV-rays where the sun don’t usually shine. Alas, the reality of a nude beach is much MUCH different. Let’s just say the people baring it all are the people that should be putting their special parts under lock and key.
We have a nude beach here in Southwest Florida. I’ve walked its shores a couple times (with trunks on, sorry ladies), and was quickly frightened. Run, hide, eyes are burning! Maybe it’s different on St. Martin’s Orient Beach or the sands of St. Barths, maybe some of you Castaways with experience on the nude beaches of the Caribbean can let us know what the scenery is like.
Today’s Boat Drink recipe is fittingly called The Nude Beach. The original recipe called for 1oz. of Gold Rum, then the usual Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Grenadine and Lime Juice. To me that seemed a little boring and didn’t have anything to do with a nude beach. What do you say we spice it up a bit.
First of all 1 ounce of rum is for beginners, we Castaways
need require a little more octane, let’s double it and make it a even 2 ounces of rum. Then instead of your normal everyday gold rum, let’s replace it with a rum that has no problem with limin’ in the buff…Ron de Jeremy Rum.
The Nude Beach Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz. Ron de Jeremy Rum
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 2 oz. Orange Juice
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- Dash Lime Juice
Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Mix well and strain into a chilled collins glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a lime squeeze. Raise glass and toast.
Enjoy the new Boat Drink recipe Castaways! Would you be brave enough to join the crowd at a nude beach?
(Photo from travelwebshots.com)
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page