It gets hot in the Florida Keys, shirt drenching, sweat dripping hot. They only thing you can do is run and jump into that beautiful water or mix yourself up a refreshing Boat Drink! I mean you could go for ice water or Gatorade, but those drinks have no business being on this island blog now do they. Pull out the rum and saddle up for a great Boat Drinks video Castaways!
Mr. Coastlines & Tanlines, Carl Grooms, and I teamed up to film the Key Largo Chill boat drink. We were heading back from the Conched in Key West charity bar crawl and thought we’d stop off in Key Largo at Jimmy Johnson’s Bill Chill to take over the bar and mix up some rum. Hey when you’re famous (in our own minds) like us, people just let you do whatever the hell you want.
The Key Largo Chill Drink Recipe Video
The Key Largo Chill is a great drink, uses simple ingredients, but is much greater than the sum of its parts. The key ingredient in my opinion is the coconut water. It just adds that totally refreshing taste to the drink.
The Key Largo Chill Drink Recipe
- 1oz. White Rum – We used Siesta Key White Rum
- 1oz. Cruzan 9 Rum
- 2oz. Pineapple Juice
- 2oz. Coconut Water
- 1/2oz. Lime Juice
Mixing Instructions: Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice. Shake. Strain and pour into highball glass. Can garnish with pineapple and lime. Raise glass and toast.
Mix this boat drink up and let me know what you think. I’m putting good money on that you’ll love it.
Big thank you to Carl Grooms for filming this video. I also want to thank Amanda and the crew at Jimmy Johnson’s Big Chill Bar & Grill in Key Largo. If you’re in Key Large you have to stop by, its a great place that sits right on the water, has a huge tiki bar, sports bar, seafood bar and more.
Jimmy Johnson’s Big Chill
104000 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33037-2906
Enjoy the boat drink Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page