After one sip, you’ll be throwing your top on the sand.
I’m not sure why but this recipe caught my eye. It’s not overly fancy or complicated, just a simple smooth boat drink. I wonder if it had anything to do with it’s name? Ummmm yeah, it did. What can I say, anytime I hear or see the word bikini I get all fuzzy. It’s written in the DNA, can’t help it. Plus, this cocktail’s name is just fun to say, BIKINI MARTINI.
Would I walk into a bar and order a Bikini Martini, probably not. I’d have a hole punched in my man card if I did that. I’d probably just tell the bartender to mix some coconut rum, little bit of vodka, some pineapple and a dash of grenadine. Simple, easy and saves the, “Hey look at the bald man ordering the girly drink.” jokes.
Bikini Martini Drink Recipe
- 1 fluid ounce coconut rum
- 3/4 fluid ounce vodka
- 1 fluid ounce pineapple juice
- 1 dash grenadine syrup
Mixing Instructions: Mix rum, vodka and pineapple juice in a drink shaker. Shake well. Pour in a martini glass, add a touch of grenadine in the middle. Garnish with an orange wheel.
I’m a huge fan of coconut rum in my mixed rum drinks. Tastes great and really makes you feel as if you’re on vacation on your St. Somewhere.
Let me know if you mix up the Bikini Martini and what you think of it.
Oh, don’t forget to vote for our good friend Carlton Grooms in the Tommy Bahama Rumologist contest. He needs your help! Thanks guys.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page