Rum and the beach, two of our favorite things. Mix them together and you have a paradise found.
What did our good friend Jack Sparrow say…sorry, that’s Captain Jack Sparrow. He said, “But why is the rum always gone?” Because it’s damn good Jack. My point is that when the rum is gone the bottles are tossed and sometimes wind up in the ocean as floating trash. In time they make find their way to a beach. I’m can’t stand trash on a beach, but their is something a little romantic about seeing rum bottles on the beach. I don’t know if its the connection that rum has to the sea and the Caribbean or if it’s two of our favorite things meeting in different, yet interesting circumstances.
Here are some photos I thought you might enjoy of rum bottles on the beach. You’ll see what I mean about the mysterious allure.
Rum on the Beach
See what I mean? There’s just something sexy about a rum bottle sitting in the sand.
My good buddy Carlton Grooms is a TOP 5 Finalist for the Tommy Bahama Rumologist Contest. He is a huge lover of rum and a true island lover like all of us. Please click here and vote for Carl to be the first Tommy Bahama Rumologist. You can vote everyday and I believe tomorrow is the last day to vote. Thanks!
Cheers to emptying a few of those bottles!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page