The snap of the sails, the spray of the waves and nothing but the wind thrusting you through the open sea. Yes, sailing is a romantic mode of transportation but it’s also a way to live. What if every day when you open your eyes you find yourself in a cabin instead of a bedroom, a deck instead of a living room and nothing but the blue sky as your roof. Do you have what it takes to live aboard a boat?
This past weekend I was in Sarasota hanging our with Carl Grooms (hopefully the Tommy Bahama Rumologist) and Conched in Key West Crawl co-sponsor Shawn Martin. With a group like this you can imagine the topic of most of our conversations had to do with rum, the islands and living the life we want. A lot of talk revolved around boats and living on them. Catamarans were the live-aboard of choice.
These sleek twin hull vessels cut through the sea effortlessly and offer a large amount of living space. If you want to get the low down about living aboard a boat you need to read Zero To Cruising. Mike and Rebecca live on their Catamaran that currently calls Grenada home.
Enough of my rambling, you came here for eye-popping catamaran photos. Well here they are…
Raise the Canvas and Pull Anchor
Wow right? Sort of makes you want to sell the house, buy a cat and sail off into the sunset. I can’t lie, this is a goal of mine. Live aboard one of these sleek windwalkers for 6-8 month out of the year and call a different island home every couple weeks. Yup, that would be the life. I’m looking for sponsors!
Could you call a beautiful catamaran like the ones pictured here home?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page