After one sip, you’ll be saying “Uno mas porfavor!”
Man am I thirst. After the all day Carl Grooms Rumologist party we had last Saturday, rum and even a cold beer just didn’t sound good. Today is Wednesday, Boat Drinks day, and now everything sounds good. Jumping off the wagon!
I saw that our friend Carl didn’t win the Tommy Bahama Rumologist contest. Congrats to the winner Jack Terry, all the finalist were great and all of them would have made one hell of a Rumologist. Thanks for your help in voting for our buddy, much appreciated. Now lets talk cocktails shall we.
How does that Margaritaville verse go again…
Don’t know the reason
I stayed here all season
With nothing to show but this brand new tattoo
But it’s a really beauty
A Mexican Cutie
How it got here I haven’t a clue
Let’s name a drink after that drunken tattoo that Jimmy loves to sing about so much, The Mexican Cutie. You know the drink has to have tequila in it, and since we are talking about Mr. Buffett I suspect we need to use Margaritaville Tequila. Then let’s add some lemon, little bit of grenadine, squirt of Club Soda and be done with it. I give you the Mexican Cutie.
Mexican Cutie Cocktail
- 2 oz. Margaritaville Premium Tequila Oro
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 4 dashes of Grenadine
- 1/2 oz. of Club Soda
Mixing Instructions: Fill shaker with ice. Add first 3 ingredients. Shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Add Club Soda. Garnish with Lemon Slice. Raise glass and toast.
Not a bad little drink. Not all drinks on this island blog have to be rum, a little bit of tequila tossed into the mix makes for a happy sailor as well.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page