After one sip, you’ll be looking for a place to hide.
To us Buffett fans you can’t hear the words Volcano or Lava without thinking of Jimmy’s classic tune “Volcano”. That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the recipe for a fun little drink called the LAVA FLOW.
Now my girl quickly say to me
Mon you better watch your feet
Lava come down soft and hot
You better lava me now or lava me not
Don’t those Buffett lyrics take you right to one of his concerts when you’re screaming those word out at the top of your lungs? It does me, I can’t wait to see Jimmy again next year. Fins Up!
The Lava Flow cocktail isn’t a new recipe, but it’s really not all that popular of a concoction either. Back in my college bartending days I barely remember making any, but a few definitely popped up every now and then. I remember cursing the Lava Flow order because they were a pain in the ass to make. Now that I’ve matured (debatable), I’ve learned to appreciate the complex mixology and savor the tasty drinks.
LAVA FLOW COCKTAIL RECIPE
- 1 oz – Light Rum
- 1 oz – Malibu Rum
- 2 oz – Strawberries
- 1 – Banana
- 2 oz – Pineapple Juice
- 2 oz – Coconut Cream
Blend banana, coconut cream, and pineapple juice in a blender and set aside. In the bottom of a hurricane glass, stir together both rums and strawberries. Pour banana/coconut/pineapple mix slowly into the glass. Raise glass and toast.
Enjoy the boat drink Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page